Thursday, January 21, 2010

Up and Running

Hey y'all, as we would graciously say. The past two months have had me traveling and working on several big projects and devoting time to academic writing. Sadly between work and the holidays (Estelle's social season, well, or one of many), I have had little time for curious storytelling. Yet, as I pulled into Horse Shoe Tuesday evening, I found a wonderful box of goodies from lovely Indiana compelling me and my pen (well laptop). This glow of recognition was short lived as I immediately staged an intervention for Estelle's declaration of Haitian aid that was complete with the air waving of plane tickets and inquiring if she should check a rifle at the Delta counter.

I would personally like to thank the U.S. Government for discouraging the Episcopalians from a too-soon trip to Haiti.

Tomorrow should bring the first of new stories with "Snakes Alive," a lovely encounter with hospice, The Bereavement Committee, and a nine-foot long, orphaned python named "Squeaky."

Thank you for all your support of these stories and all your warm wishes for Estelle and other mythical women of the South.

No comments:

Post a Comment